Let’s look at the reality: your interest rate on your existing home is low, and your family doesn’t want to move anytime soon. However, you can no longer stand the old kitchen cabinet colors and miserable layout that you live with every day. If this sounds like you, then you need to call us today so we can get started on your kitchen renovation design details as soon as possible.
Kitchen Remodeling in Naperville & Chicago
Your kitchen is the heart of your home, so you need to feel the love at all times. Our team is very experienced with Naperville and Chicago kitchen remodeling projects, and our services range from painting cabinets to full layout renovations. Whether you live in the city or the suburbs, no job is too big or small for SG Home Builders. Bring the glitter to your home and showcase your custom double level countertops, stainless steel appliances, and limitless space in your kitchen cabinets.
From a service perspective we realize that kitchen renovations are a big inconvenience. Our mission of Being TRUE is to make your transaction one that is clear, clean, and moves along the path that we design with you to limit your inconveniences during construction. We will always operate with transparency on each project and make sure that your kitchen renovation is done exactly as you’d like. Call us today to walk your existing kitchen and start working on a design plan, 847-602-7641.
WHAT TO EXPECT WITH YOUR KITCHEN RENOVATION
- Set the Appointment – Believe it or not we can’t help you if you don’t contact us first. Call text (847-423-6460) or email (Ryan@SGHomeBuilders.com), us so we can set a day and time that is convenient for you.
- Review your home – We usually work in pairs with a sales representative and a project manager. At the consultation for your kitchen renovation we are looking to accomplish two goals.
- We want to get to know you and allow you to meet us. This is a partnership and we will be in your house every day once the project starts.
- Identify the project – Create measurements, discuss details, and develop the initial scope of work and identify your budget. Many times kitchen renovations do not require full architectural plan sets. We want to assure we understand your want list so we can properly develop a scope of work that meets your budget.
- Set Timeline Expectations for Proposal – Not all kitchen rehabs are the same. After viewing your home our project management team will provide you a timeline for the proposal creation. In general the proposal can take 7-10 business days based on the scope of work created on the job site. Remember, this is a custom project so we want to take the time to properly bid your project right the first time. If architects or designers are needed you can expect the timeline to increase.
- Meet for Proposal – Once your proposal has been created we will set up a face to face meeting to review the job scope of work, and cost proposal. At this meeting you will have time to ask questions for clarification, review the drawing set, and discuss finish selection options.
- Agree to Contract – After your proposal questions have been reviewed and you feel comfortable moving forward with us we will sign a legal contract, set payment plans and the timelines for the project. This will allow us to coordinate with our subcontractors and suppliers to organize your project before we start.
- Cabinet Selection – If you have not already selected your cabinets, this is the time to do it. In general we have three sets of cabinets to select, box, semi-custom, and full custom cabinets. The timeline for custom cabinets to be completed is 8-10 weeks. We will not start your project until cabinets are 2-3 weeks away from completion to avoid you being without a kitchen for longer than is necessary.
- Additional Selections – Plumbing fixtures, flooring, backsplash, countertops, hardware, light fixtures, paint selections. For a kitchen remodel we strive to have your selections completed so that the materials can be on site or ready for delivery and we can avoid delays once work begins. We understand that some clients will need to see progress before confirming the final selections, so we offer to create deadlines for your selections.
- Project Start – Say goodbye to your kitchen and hello to the microwave for the next 45-60 days. In general your kitchen renovation will look like this:
- Rough electric, plumbing and HVAC
- Painting First Coat
- Trim and Cabinet Installation
- Countertop Installation
- Electrical, plumbing and appliances installations
- Painting Final plus trim paint
- Hardware installation and punch list creation
- Punch list and Project Completion
For additional questions on how your Schaumburg, Chicago or Naperville kitchen renovation will work, give us a call 847-423-6460.